This summer, Healthy Kids Community Challenge Hastings Prince Edward would like to sponsor screen-free community events hosted by local organizations. Community events promote social interaction for families and help to build community connections.
Healthy Kids Community Challenge will provide up to $500 of funding to help cover the costs of healthy food, venue fees and/or incorporating a physical activity component to the event. Successful applicants will also receive up to fifteen screen-free kits and prizes to distribute at the event. The screen-free kits and prizes include frisbees, balls, skipping ropes, children’s books, activity books, drawstring bags and gift cards to Ontario Provincial Parks. Events that include a physical activity component may receive additional screen-free kits.
- Be hosted by a local community organization
- Be free and open to the public
- Be a children’s event (Ages 0-12)
- Be held by August 31, 2018
- Be a screen-free event (i.e. no movies)
- Agree to share screen time messages provided by Healthy Kids Community Challenge
- Serve healthy food (if providing food)*
*Food/beverages served reinforce HKCC key messages (e.g. vegetables & fruit, water to drink)
To apply online, click here.
Apply by: July 6, 2018
If you have any questions about this initiative please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-966-5500 ext. 371.